After the dissolution of the Union of students Slovenia (ZDS) in October 1993, on the initiative of the students under the Student Organisation of the University of Ljubljana (SOU), a project called School Student Section of Slovenia (DSS) started. The main aim of the DSS was to improve the position of the secondary school students in the educational process and protect the rights of students. DSS was later renamed to the Students’ Organisation of Slovenia.
Every school student in Slovenia (general and VET) automatically became a member of DOS when he_she became a school student.
Number of Members: the organisation unites over 80 000 school students from over 160 schools in Slovenia.
DOS is striving for better students’ material situation, carries into effect and preserves student rights, cooperates with students and supports their projects, improves and strengthens the influence of the students on the curriculum, learning process and grading methods and generally strives for improving the lives of the students.
- Representing the students in relation to the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Social Affairs, National Council and National Assembly;
- Lobbying and advocacy work toward politicians to improve the students’ status and stand;
- Campaigns on problems concerning the students;
- Different project, workshops and conferences;
- Regular meetings which are attended by representatives from all the schools in Slovenia;
- Elections: every year new a new Presidency and a new Council are elected;
- School student national conference “School students and EU” click here;
- Action week against violence, bullying… click here.