The COVID-19 crisis has become an education crisis: secondary schools and higher education institutions closures are affecting the continuity of education and are deepening inequalities.
A key question in this context is how to manage assessments and exams, in particular school graduation and university entrance exams. This matter is even more concerning for students that were planning to apply to higher education institutions abroad.
As secondary and higher education student representatives on the European level, we want to improve our understanding of the different approaches taken by European states in this regard and provide a space for discussion, learning and sharing of best practices.
In the scope of this forum, we will be joined by
- David Crosier, Education System Analyst at Eurydice
- Michael Gaebel, Head of Unit at European University Association
- Cristina Ghitulica, Romanian Ministry of Education
- Iskren Kirilov, EURASHE
- National Commission of Further & Higher Education of Malta
- Luca Lantero, Head of Secretariat of the Bologna Follow-up Group
- Ilmari Hyvönen, Senior Advisor at the Finnish Ministry of Education
The discussion will be co-moderated by Lucija Karnelutti and Adrian Barbaros, Board members of OBESSU.
The presentations will be followed by a Q&A session where you will be able to engage with speakers.
When? Wednesday 6 May 2020 at 16:00 CEST.
Where? Join us on Zoom: https://bit.ly/35pnaqT