Identify various social groups within the participants organizations Explore differences between organizations
Identify which group/s their organization represents the most Identify which group/s are under-represented by their organization See where their organization stands compared to other organizations
- The document
Print the document below - One per organization and one for the facilitator.
Tape a line across the floor
Every organization is handed a document including various questions. The facilitator asks them to fill out the document to their best knowledge.
Participants are asked to stand up and stand on the line on the floor.
Keeping the document with them - they answer the questions again.
- Moving forward if they answered the question with a 4 or higher
- Staying on the line if they answered with a solid 3
- Moving backwards if they answered with a 2 or lower
Participants pair up with someone that was far away during the exercise.
A discussion about what they found out about their own organization.
- Are they as accessible as they thought?
- Was there some geographical difference?
- Is there a reason for why the organization moved the way it did?
- Do you have any solutions
- Do you have any practices in place
- They have to think about 3 or more tips/practices/ solutions that they could use in their organisations.
Participants are asked to present what they came up with.
- Were you surprised by the outcome? Are you as accessible as you thought?
- Do you think that you have an idea of how you can make your organization more accessable?