The “Stronger School Student Unions” programme is a tailored-made programme to foster the capacity of OBESSU’s Member Organisations in different fields. With this programme we want to strengthen our member organisations and help them in their development by providing them with the tailor-made support they need. We also want to create the grounds for a better cooperation, mutual support, peer learning and knowledge management in school student organisations.
The activities of the programme run towards the achievement of the following objectives:
- To identify main needs and challenges in student organising, as a basis for tailor-made practices
- To establish a capacity building programme including activities and resources online and offline, involving International peer-learning activities on student democracy
- To set up knowledge management structures for sustainable capacity building and sustainability in local, national and international school student organisations
- To develop a scheme of support to initiatives and interventions in the area of the project
Through the different tailor-made actions of the programme we aim at fostering the sustainability of school student organisations (with particular focus to the CEE SEE region) through mutual learning and inspiration, as well as at creating links and contacts with alumni who can produce a change in the unions and develop ideas for further school student organisations development and cooperation strengthening.
The programme will investigate 5 main challenges common in school student organisations:
- Knowledge and turnover management
- Sustainable finances and human resource management
- Political impact and outreach
- Representation: structure and constituency
- Democratic decision making and inclusion
Activities will range from the creation of a stronger Alumni Network to Peer Learning Activities (regional and interregional), webinars, country reports and field travels and will end with a small re-granting for support to innovative interventions and structural financial support.